Last year i wrote an article about Best WordPress BackUp Plugins where i explained backup or the process of backing up as the act of copying and archiving of computer data so it may be used to restore the original after a data loss event.
There are two parts to backing up your wordpress site, this parts are Database and Files. You need to backup both so that you site is completely on your hand. The database part contains your posts and huge data generated on your site, but it does not include the elements that come together to create the look and information on your site. Most hosting providers back up the entire server, but it takes time to request a copy of your site from their backups.
That’s why i decided to teach you how to create, download and restore wordpress backup all by your self. I recommend you to Like my facebook fanpage, Follow me on twitter as well subscribe to the email newsteller, because this year i’m going to write a lot on hosting and wordpress issues and i don’t want you to loose them.
How to create wordpress backup
Creating a wordpress backup is not a problem anymore contrary to what it was before, there are now a lot of plugins out there that can automatically generate or create backup for you easily.
A good example of this plugin is Backup WordPress, with this software you can schedule backup to take place either daily, weekly or even monthly without any stress.
How to download wordpress backup
After Backup WordPress automatically creates your backup, it sends you link via email to download the backup files. However, if the files are too large, they will be hosted on your WP Dashboard under the Tools section waiting for you to download them to your smartphones, computers or hard-drives.
How to restore wordpress backup
After you have created and downloaded your WP Site backup, you can easily restore them by following this steps:
1. Login to phpMyAdmin.
2. Click databases, and select the database that you will be importing your data into.
3. You will then see either a list of tables already inside that database or a screen that says no tables exist. This depends on your setup.
4. Across the top of the screen will be a row of tabs, click the Import tab.
5. On the next screen will be a Location of Text File box, and next to that a button named Browse.
6. Click Browse. Locate the backup file stored on your computer.
7. Make sure the SQL radio button is checked and click the Go button.
If you follow the above lesson, you will be able to create, download and restore wordpress backup easily without any problem. I hope this helps. Remember to follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ArewaTech_CEO